Start Up Call for Entries – 2018
SUMMARY OF THE VIDEO CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2018 EDITION
A festival of short documentary-films that highlights initiatives seeking to bring effective solutions to MegaCities’ challenges in order to inspire people to take actions to improve the life of MegaCitizens in their MegaCity.
THE TWO CATEGORIES OF SHORTDOC
- Best Documentary of 4mn or less (including the closing credits) presented with an artistic, film-style approach,
- Best Reporting of 4mn or less (including the closing credits) presented with a journalistic approach.
Your short documentary film MUST:
▪ show a challenge in your MegaCity (such as transportation, education, refugees, health, climate change, …) and solutions or ideas of new iniatives that could tackle such issues and, is potentially, in a theme covered by one of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals from the United Nations: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdgs,
▪ take place inside the urban area of one existing megacities (1 of the 38 metropolitan areas of more than 10 M. inhabitants)
▪ integrate subtitles in English.
- Power of the solution in terms of inhabitants’ benefits and the challenges associated with it, it could help to mitigate.
- Description of the Start Up that proposed the solution and perspective of development (internationally if relevant).
- Clarity of the messages, relative brevity and capacity for synthesis will be appreciated. And the short video pitch should not be perceived as a pure advertising video.
- July 15, 2018: end date for registration on our website megacities-shortdocs.org to submit a film,
- July 31, 2018 midnight Paris time (UTC+2): deadline to send us your short documentary on shortfilmdepot.com.
- August 1-31, 2018: selection process for election of the 15 nominees by an international professional jury.
- August 5-31, 2018: online public vote (YouTube Channel).
- Mid-October 2018: Paris Award Ceremony, in
- November to end of April 2019: screenings will occur in a chosen number of megacities around the world.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- Trip to Paris and accommodation to attend the Award Ceremony and 1000 euros for the best social and/or environmental Start Up representative: “Start Up Tech for Good”.
JURY composed by Ethical Investment Funds, International Tech Companies, Tech medias, International Institutions that will take into account: benefits & universality of the highlighted solution for inhabitants of large cities, global offering, business development perspectives.
“Start Up Tech for Good” Global Coordinator: Eric PETIOT
March 12th 2018 Version
Any question, please send us an email to email@example.com