Call for Entries – 2018
SUMMARY OF THE VIDEO CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2018 EDITION
A festival of short documentary-films that highlights initiatives seeking to bring effective solutions to MegaCities’ challenges in order to inspire people to take actions to improve the life of MegaCitizens in their city.
THE TWO CATEGORIES OF SHORTDOC
▪ Best Documentary of 4mn maximum (including the closing credits) which present a film language.
▪ Best Reporting of 4mn maximum (including the closing credits) presented with a journalistic approach.
Your short documentary film must:
▪ show a challenge in your MegaCity (as transportation, education, refugees, health, climate change, …) and solutions or ideas of new iniatives that could tackle such issues and, potentially, in a theme covered by one of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals from the United Nations: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdgs,
▪ take place inside the urban area of one of the existing megacities (1 of the 38 metropolitan areas of more than 10 M. inhabitants)
▪ integrate subtitles in English.
▪ Quality of the production and clarity of the message
▪ Power of the proposals and solutions and its replicability
▪ 31st of July 2018, midnight Paris time (UTC+2): deadline to submit your short documentary on the platform: www.shortfilmdepot.com. Please, register on our website: www.megacities-shortdocs.org, before the 15th of July 2018.
▪ August 1st to August 31st, 2018: selection process for election of the 15 nominees, through an international professional jury.
▪ Between August 5th and August 31st, 2018: online public vote (YouTube Channel).
▪ Paris Award Ceremony, in Paris, mid-October 2018.
▪ Between November and end of April 2019: screenings will occur in a chosen number of megacities in the world.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
▪ 1000 euros per award (Best Documentary, Best Reporting, Best Student, Public Choice, all “4 minutes” max)
▪ 1000 euros for the two best initiatives,
▪ 1 trip to Paris to assist the Paris Citizen Film Festival (a trip to the New York screening if you are Parisian).
January 06th 2018 Version
Any question, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org