Film Maker Call for Entries – 2018
SUMMARY OF THE VIDEO CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2018 EDITION
MegaCities-ShortDocs is a festival of short documentary-films that highlight initiatives which seek to bring effective solutions to MegaCities’ challenges and inspire people to take actions to improve the life of MegaCitizens in their MegaCity.
THE TWO CATEGORIES OF SHORTDOC
▪ Best Documentary of 4mn or less (including the closing credits) presented with an artistic, film-style approach,
▪ Best Reporting of 4mn or less (including the closing credits) presented with a journalistic approach.
Your short documentary film must:
▪ show a challenge in your MegaCity (as transportation, education, refugees, health, climate change, …) and solutions or ideas of new iniatives that could tackle such issues and, potentially, in a theme covered by one of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals from the United Nations: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdgs,
▪ take place inside the urban area of one of the existing megacities (1 of the 38 metropolitan areas of more than 10 M. inhabitants),
▪ integrate subtitles in English,
▪ include the closing credits.
▪ Quality of the production and clarity of the message,
▪ Power of the proposals and solutions and its replicability
▪ July 15, 2018: end date for registration on our website www.megacities-shortdocs.org to submit a film.
▪ July 31, 2018 midnight Paris time (UTC+2): deadline to send us your short documentary on www.shortfilmdepot.com.
▪ August 1-31, 2018: selection process for election of the 15 nominees by an international professional jury.
▪ August 5-31, 2018: online public vote (YouTube Channel).
▪ Mid-October 2018: Paris Award Ceremony, in Paris.
▪ November to end of April 2019: screenings will occur in a selected number of megacities around the world.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
▪ 1000 euros per award:
all “4 minutes” max.
One trip for the four winners to assist the Paris Award Ceremony (a trip to the New York screening if you are Parisian) and three nights at a Parisian Hotel (New York Hotel if you are Parisian),
▪ 1000 euros for the two best initiatives (5,6) based on its level of impact and/or innovative approach,
▪ 500 euros, special mention for a film-maker under 20.
January 06th 2018 Version
Any question, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org